1. What are the main differences between a Wyoming entity and a Nevada entity?
For one thing, there is the stigma that goes with Nevada – good, bad, or indifferent – people just assume when you have a Nevada company that you are trying to hide something. Which is the reason Nevada companies get so much bad press. Nevada companies get audited at a much higher frequency than any other State.
The fees in Nevada are higher.
A state license is $200 – $500 – and item #12 says “you must list ALL officers, directors, shareholders, and members. First/last name, DOB, SSN, home address, home phone number and percent of company-owned.” There goes privacy!
Nevada has a Commerce Tax! Not all businesses are required to pay the tax but all businesses MUST file a Commerce Tax return each year to keep the business active.
When you total all the fees up – will cost between $800 – $1000 yr to just keep your entity active and in Good Standing.
Wyoming has the strongest asset protection laws of any State
Wyoming is the first State in Union to recognize LLC back in 1977
Wyoming offers more privacy.
See Compare States tab for more detailed information

2. What is the difference between C-corp, Subchapter S, and LLC?
The main difference is how they are taxed by IRS.
C-corp – profit and loss stay in the company and it files its own tax return. It pays 21% in the PROFIT – not earnings.
Sub – S – profit and losses flow through to shareholder – proportionate to ownership and they claim it on their personal tax return
LLC – in the eyes of the IRS is a “disregarded entity” a K-1 flow through – meaning the profits and losses flow through to the members and they claim it on their personal tax return. However, ownership percentage does not affect the flow-through percentage.
Always check with your CPA to determine which tax structure is best for your situation.
See LLC vs Corp tab for more detailed information.

3. Do I have to have a bank account in Wyoming?
Answer: NO. Wyoming law does not require that you have a bank account in the State of Wyoming. You can open a bank account at the bank of your choice – wherever you chose.

4. Will I have to register the Wyoming Company in my home State?
Answer: Depends
That varies from State to State as to what are the requirements to foreign file. The best thing to do is to check with your Secretary of State directly and ask.

5. Is there a way to keep my information private and off the public record?
Answer: Yes,
In the case of a C-corporation and Subchapter, S Wyoming law only requires (1) person to be listed as a director. If you do not want your name on the Secretary of State site – we offer a service called PD – Public Director We will list a director of the corporation – who will then resign and appoint you the new director – so that there is an internal document showing the resignation and appointment – but will not show publicly. With regards to an LLC – Wyoming law does not require that the Managers or Members be listed. on the Secretary of State site – but you can be listed in the internal documents.

6. Do I have to have an accountant or CPA that understands Wyoming tax law?
Answer: NO – since there is no State tax in Wyoming – the only thing a Wyoming entity will pay is Federal tax – which is the same in all 50 States. Your current accountant or CPA can do your Wyoming entity federal taxes.

7. Do I have to have a physical address in Wyoming?
Answer: NO – Wyoming law does not require a physical address. All you need is a Registered Agent – we act as your Registered Agent. However many clients find it advantageous to have a Wyoming address and we do offer virtual office/mail forwarding. See Pricing.

8. How long does it take to get an entity set up?
Answer: It typically takes 7-10 business days from the time we receive your order. Once we have the Articles back from the State we will email a PDF copy to you and mail your corporate binder with all your legal documents.
Does Wyoming have an Expedite service?
Answer – Yes. We can PDF a copy of the Articles within 1 working day.

9. Can I move my current entity to Wyoming?
Answer: YES. Wyoming allows you to re-domicile an entity from another State to Wyoming. You will keep the original incorporation date and enjoy ALL the benefits Wyoming has to offer.

10. Why should I use your company?
We have been in business for 19 yrs – have an A+ rating with BBB.
Have formed over 40,000 entities
Have over 950 5 Star reviews with Trustpilot
Knowledgeable, Professional Staff.

11. Do I have to be a US citizen or resident to open a Wyoming entity?
Answer – No
Wyoming law does not require that you be a US citizen or resident. All that is required is that you have a Registered Agent in the State of Wyoming. We are Registered Agents.

12. Are there any hidden fees?
Answer – No! The initial investment of $495 is the total – NO OTHER FEES in the first year.
Please see Pricing Page for more details of what is included.

13. Will I have to annual renewal fees to keep my entity active and in Good Standing?
Answer -Yes, Wyoming currently has a low annual renewal fee of $62.

14. Are Aged Shelf Companies Legal?
Yes! They are in fact legal and serve a very legitimate purpose. An Aged Shelf Company offers the perception in the marketplace of being “seasoned”. Having an older “seasoned” date of incorporation or formation can be very beneficial in many ways.

15. Can Aged Shelf Companies get credit?
While there are a few companies that advertise and claim to offer Aged Shelf Companies with Credit, it is very doubtful you will actually get any funding. Since the Aged Shelf Company has no financial history or tax returns, a lender will look to the principles for credit history and personal guarantees.
Aged Shelf with Credit:
IF an Aged Shelf Company is advertised with having credit or a credit (Paydex) score it is highly doubtful that credit or Paydex will transfer to a new owner. While the concept of purchasing an Aged Shelf Company with existing credit or tradelines sounds possible, in practicality it is improbable.

16. What should I check out before purchasing an Aged Shelf Company?
Every individual is responsible for doing their own “due diligence” before purchasing an Aged Shelf Company. As part of the due diligence process, one should verify directly with the Secretary of State of the State of incorporation. Every Secretary of State allows public access to certain information on companies formed within that State.
What to verify and look for:
• The Aged Shelf Company is indeed formed in that State
• The Aged Shelf Company is in Good Standing with the State and ALL fees and filings with the State are current.
• The Aged Shelf Company is clean – has no assets or liabilities.
• There has been no “inactive” or “revoked” status of the company.
• There are no past taxes or fees due.
• All-State filing requirements have been filed and completed on time.
Due diligence should also be done on the company offering the Aged Shelf Company for sale.
• Check with the Secretary of State of the company selling the Aged Shelf Company to verify that they are in Good Standing. That they are indeed properly formed and all fees and filings are current with the State.
• Check with the State Attorney Generals’ office to verify there are no current accusations or litigation against either the Aged Shelf Company being offered or the company selling it.
• Check to see if there are any UCC filings
• Use independent 3rd party sources to verify reviews – Better Business Bureau, Trustpilot.